Why Listen To This?
- Analysis of an interesting business model.
- Discussion on a framework for setting up successful businesses.
- ‘7 – Content to Commerce Model:
- ‘16 – Find the metric that matters:
- Facebook initially had lower total users than MySpace, but their Daily Active Users were higher than MySpace. People who saw that, knew the value of Facebook.
- ‘23 – Parcast:
- True-crime podcast
- Fully scripted
- Father-son founder duo, fully bootstrapped
- Sold to Spotify after 5 years for $200 Million
- ‘48 – UAB Framework for business:
- UAB → Underutilised Assets Based businesses.
- Uber, Airbnb, etc. created their businesses off of helping people make better use of their underutilised assets.
- Other examples: Rapido